Attendance at Mass is by advanced reservation only and all Masses from 24th – 27th December are FULLY BOOKED!
A limited number of places are available for Mass at 10.00 a.m. on Tuesday 29th December to Friday, 1st January inclusive. Applications for reservations for a mass on a day of choice in that period will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To request a reservation for a place(s) at mass on these days please (in order of preference):-
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone and leave a clear message: 01202 760640
- Leave a written message in the Church letterbox
With the following information:
- Name(s) (a maximum of six)
- Ages of any children under 18
- Email address or mobile number or landline number
Church opening over the Christmas period:
Many may wish to make a short visit to the Church over the Christmas period. The Church will be open for individual visits (no need to book) as follows:
- Christmas Eve: 3.00 – 4.00 p.m. for Children to visit the Crib
- Christmas Day: an extended opening from 10.30 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.
- Other days: after mass until 11.00 a.m.
About Christmas 2020
In normal times we would expect to see over three hundred people in our church at Christmas. As we all know, however, these are not normal times. The physical constraints of our building, Covid-protocols and other factors severely restrict the numbers we can accommodate to a maximum of about twenty! Much as we would all like to come together for a celebration of the great feast of Our Lord’s incarnation with mass on Christmas Day itself, this will clearly not be possible. The Bishops’ Conference, however, reminds us that the Feast of Christmas has an Octave, which means that the whole period from the Vigil on Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day inclusive is one great Christmas Feast: every day in that period is, liturgically, Christmas Day.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.